Want get fit? Feeling intimidated by designer kit and gadgets? Afraid you’ll be too slow?
Joining a running club can be a daunting prospect, especially for a beginner. if you are worried whether you are ‘good enough’ or ‘ready’ to join Shrewton Running Club the answer is YES!
Joining us is one of the best things you can do to progress your running and here’s why:
- We were all like you are now. Surrounding yourself by enthusiastic, friendly people you’re more likely to run long-term, instead of being solely self-motivated. It is a shared experience.
- We will provide varied runs: short runs, long runs, trail running, road running and more.
- It is a great way to meet new people. We are a friendly bunch and have regular socials at the local pub.
- Discover that competitive streak. Many of our members enter local events and Parkruns. Becoming registered with England Athletics gives many benefits including discounts on race entry fees and kit. Just running with other people encourages you to push yourself.
- You can call yourself ‘a runner’ as opposed to ‘someone who runs’.
- Get to know the local area. We have great running country round here and we can show you lots of it.